Prep 7 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick and simple side dish made with an amazing vegetable.
- 1 bunch kale, washed and torn (stems removed)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Heat oil in large pan.
- Add chopped onions and garlic.
- Sauté until onions are clear and begin to caramelize. Stir often. Do not allow garlic to burn.
- Add torn kale.
- Toss with onions and garlic.
- Cook until kale is wilted.
- Sprinkle with a tiny bit of balsamic vinegar if desired.
- (Thanks reviewers for reminding me of removing the stems!).
We love Kale at our house. This is a good way to fix it. So many people are unfamiliar and therefore afraid to try it. GO FOR IT! Great source of vitimins and tastes good too.
I had some leftover kale from a soup I made and was looking for a recipe to use it up. I'm glad I tried this one -- it is SO good. I carmelized the onions for about 10 minutes, added the garlic and cooked for another 2 minutes, and then added the kale (stems removed). I also added a little water to the pan which helped the kale wilt. I used white balsamic vinegar as the finishing touch. Your recipe is quick, easy, healthy, and most of all -- really delicious. We loved it and will be making it again.
Excellent! Since I love the taste of carmelized onions, I decided to use one whole one and it added great flavor. I also felt that that the recipe benefited from the addition of salt (just a pinch or three) and a few splashes of Mrs. Dash seasoning. But what really made the dish was the addition of balsamic vinegar at the end--it really enhances the taste of the kale and is not to be missed. If you're trying to add more greens to your diet or just looking for a quick and tasty side dish, try this recipe!