Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 bunches kale, stems removed and finely shredded
- 2 lemons, juice of (I like to use Meyer Lemons)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon coarse sea salt or 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 lb strawberry, sliced with stems removed
- 1⁄4 cup unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 avocados
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- Put kale into large bowl. Pour ¼ cup olive oil, juice from 1 lemon, and ½ teaspoon of the salt over the kale. Toss gently, with fingers, and massage mixture into the leaves. This will cause the kale to start to wilt, it takes about 3 minutes.
- Set kale aside while making dressing. Whisk together 1/3 cup olive oil, ¼ cup apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon honey, ¼ teaspoon pepper, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and juice from second lemon.
- Add sliced strawberries to the dressing mixture and allow to sit while coring and slicing avocados.
- Pour dressing over kale and top with avocado slices and almonds.