Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Easy healthy soup full of veggies and flavor
Make and share this Kale Soup With Orzo recipe from Food.com.
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 2 roma tomatoes, cubed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons sweet basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Saute onion, celery and carrots with a small amount of oil over medium heat. Cook until onions are slightly transparent.
- Remove main and axial ribs and cut kale into 1 inch strips. Stir in coating entirely and saute until kale begins to relax.
- Add sugar and tomatoes and cook until all liquid is gone stirring constantly.
- Add vegetable broth and bay leaf and bring to a low boil.
- Add orzo and remaining spices and cook over medium low heat for 15 minutes.