Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Easy healthy soup full of veggies and flavor
Make and share this Kale Soup With Orzo recipe from Food.com.
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 2 roma tomatoes, cubed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons sweet basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Saute onion, celery and carrots with a small amount of oil over medium heat. Cook until onions are slightly transparent.
- Remove main and axial ribs and cut kale into 1 inch strips. Stir in coating entirely and saute until kale begins to relax.
- Add sugar and tomatoes and cook until all liquid is gone stirring constantly.
- Add vegetable broth and bay leaf and bring to a low boil.
- Add orzo and remaining spices and cook over medium low heat for 15 minutes.