Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a hearty side dish that pares well with any Italian pasta dish, or with just a nice piece of cooked meat (pork chops, roast, chicken, etc.). It’s a delicious way to add beautiful, healthy, dark greens to your diet.
- 1 bunch kale (remove veins from the leafs and tear into bite size pieces)
- 3 -4 ounces hot Italian turkey sausage (about one large link, remove from casing)
- 1⁄2 of a medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- In a large saucepan on high heat, cook onions in a tablespoon of olive oil and cook until almost brown (caramelized). Add garlic and turkey sausage to the onions and cook until the meat is no long pink.
- Add chicken broth, kale, paprika and black pepper then reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes (or until the kale is tender).
Yummy! I used low fat turkey kielbasa, which was the star in this, so I was glad I used more than called for. I also used less pepper and stir fried it (and therefore skipped the broth).