Recipe by Elana's Pantry
This quick and easy (and of course gluten-free) salad is delicious anytime of year, though perfect right now as we approach the end of citrus season. http://www.elanaspantry.com/kale-salad-with-grapefruit/
Top Review by Elmotoo
I agree oranges would work well here, too. This was very different for us but very well received! Remember that the kale isn't going to cook down so I small bunch will go a long way! Made for grapefruit tag in the spain/portugal forum 6/12.
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 grapefruit, sliced and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the kale into thin ribbons.
- Drizzle the olive oil onto the kale and then massage the kale with your hands.
- Sprinkle with salt, then add lime juice and vinegar.
- Add grapefruit to kale and toss salad.
- Allow to sit for 15 minutes so that kale softens and flavors integrate.