Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This quick and easy (and of course gluten-free) salad is delicious anytime of year, though perfect right now as we approach the end of citrus season. http://www.elanaspantry.com/kale-salad-with-grapefruit/
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 grapefruit, sliced and chopped
- Chop the kale into thin ribbons.
- Drizzle the olive oil onto the kale and then massage the kale with your hands.
- Sprinkle with salt, then add lime juice and vinegar.
- Add grapefruit to kale and toss salad.
- Allow to sit for 15 minutes so that kale softens and flavors integrate.
I agree oranges would work well here, too. This was very different for us but very well received! Remember that the kale isn't going to cook down so I small bunch will go a long way! Made for grapefruit tag in the spain/portugal forum 6/12.
This was just the perfect summer salad. Last week we received Russian kale in our CSA box and I know I wanted to make a salad-if possible leaving the kale raw. Up popped your recipe and I looked no further. Grapefruit is my favorite fruit but I think a juicy Valencia orange would work well if you're not a grapefruit fan. White balsamic was used and it was mixed with the lime juice then drizzled on top. Garnished with a small amount of both lime and grapefruit zest, too. Served with Cumin Meatballs, Bahraini Sweet Rice (Muhammar) and pan grilled zucchini. Now I'm hoping we receive more kale in our CSA box to make this again soon. Thank you!