Recipe by Sherri at the Beach
This refreshing, healthy salad was presented in an uncooking class by the Present Moment Cafe in St. Augustine FL. I love the salad as is, but this version I have added my own inclusion of fresh tomatoes. This sounds strange to do, but believe it is simple and delicious when complete.
Top Review by mommyluvs2cook
SO GOOD!! I loved this! The only small changes I made was to use grape tomatoes in place of plum and yellow onion instead of purple (that's what I had). I loved how the avocado gets so creamy and delicious :) :)
- 1 bunch kale (destemmed and cut bite size)
- 2 tablespoons red onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons red peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced short
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 avocado (remove pit and squeeze out of skin)
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients except tomatoes in a medium large mixing bowl.
- With your hands, gently mix and massage the avocado into the kale almost like kneading meatloaf.
- Continue until kale is a dark glistening green about 3 minutes.
- Lightly toss in tomatoes and serve.