Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This refreshing, healthy salad was presented in an uncooking class by the Present Moment Cafe in St. Augustine FL. I love the salad as is, but this version I have added my own inclusion of fresh tomatoes. This sounds strange to do, but believe it is simple and delicious when complete.
- 1 bunch kale (destemmed and cut bite size)
- 2 tablespoons red onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons red peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced short
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 avocado (remove pit and squeeze out of skin)
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- Place all ingredients except tomatoes in a medium large mixing bowl.
- With your hands, gently mix and massage the avocado into the kale almost like kneading meatloaf.
- Continue until kale is a dark glistening green about 3 minutes.
- Lightly toss in tomatoes and serve.
Delightful! We loved it. This was my first time making a kale salad and it turned out so yummy. Thank you!
Very yummy and easy to make. Reminds me of tabouleh minus the burghul. Since my bunch of kale was large, I doubled the red onion and red pepper (1/4 c. each). I used 3 T.. olive oil and 3 T. of lemon juice with additional salt (to taste). One avocado was sufficient. I also increased the tomatoes; I chopped up grape tomatoes equivalent to 3 plum tomatoes. We sprinkled crisp munchies (http://www.food.com/recipe/munchies-lentils-43934) on top. This served 4.
Great idea to add the tomatoes - they give color and sweetness to this salad. Looking forward to trying this with other varieties of greens!