Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Resembles the calorie laden spinach dips at parties that I am totally addicted to..... this is healthy, creamy, low cal....oh my! From FitSugar and was adapted from Whole Foods. Posting for nutritional values. Serve with veggies and pita chips.
- 473.18 ml kale, stems and tough ribs stripped out and discarded, leaves sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 59.14 ml water
- 177.44 ml low-fat ricotta cheese
- 22.18 ml parmesan cheese
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- lemon zest
- 1.23 ml sea salt
- 4.92 ml red pepper flakes (to taste)
- In a large saucepan, combine kale, onion, garlic and 1/4 cup water. Set over medium heat, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are very tender, about 12 minutes; add more water a tablespoon at a time if the pan dries out.
- Transfer vegetables and any liquid in the pan to a food processor or blender and let cool a few minutes. Add ricotta, parmesan, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper flakes. Process until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve.