Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This pesto is so delicious and healthy, it won't matter what diet lifestyle you're on! I am a non-vegan, but interested in vegan and RAW foods. Got this off of vegcookin.com. Great way to get superfoods into your diet, and/or transition to a RAW foods diet. It doesn't matter, yummy is yummy!
- 12 ounces kale, leaves only
- 6 -8 basil leaves
- 2⁄3 cup fresh curly-leaf parsley
- 3 garlic cloves (or less, remember its raw)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, raw
- Chop the kale in a food processor, working in two batches and removing as you go along.
- Combine both batches of kale along with the above mentioned ingredients. Drizzle the olive oil in and process until you reach a paste-like consistency, using more olive oil if needed.
- Once you have reached the proper peso consistency, it’s ready to use.
- Cook pasta as needed and mix well with pesto. Reserve hot pasta water and add for a thinner consistency.
Excellent and healthy for kids Camouflaged the kale and a good choose for excellent vitamins for naked spaghetti..