Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Kale is so good for us, why not make pesto?
Make and share this Kale Pesto recipe from Food.com.
- Blanch the kale in boiling salted water for about 3 minutes and chill down in a cold water bath, drain and squeeze excess water.
- Place into small work bowl of food processor and pulse to start breaking up the kale, add rough chopped garlic, process, add pine nuts, pulse several times.
- Slowly add the olive oils and lemon juice, process until everything is broken down. It will never be real smooth.
- Finally add the cheese and pulse a few times. Season with salt and pepper.
- If serving with pasta grate a little extra cheese over and add EVOO to the hot pasta, toss with pesto, serve with additional grated cheese.
- These are the basics of my recipe and the way that I prefer it, but you can add more garlic, lemon, or oil if you like.
Really liked the balance and health benefits of this pesto! I made using the walnut option and really enjoyed that the kale was not an overpowering factor/flavor. Recommend using good quality ingredients as each and every flavor in this recipe shines through. Thanks for the post.
This was utterly yummy!! I made it with walnuts and pecorino cheese and loved every bite of it. It has a distinct kale flavour which goes very well with the walnuts. We had this with gluten free pasta. It's definitely a very interesting change of the usual pesto, and a great alternative for winter. Thanks for posting!
Made for Healthy Choices Tag Game.
Good for us and delicious too, I used pinenuts for a very tasty pesto. So very simple to prepare, I loved this recipe. Thank you, made in loving memory of Pammyowl, rest in peace, dear friend.