Make and share this Kale Pattie recipe from Food.com.
- Boil kale in salted water for 10 minutes; drain.
- Soak bread rolls; squeeze dry.
- Chop the kale and rolls together finely.
- Add flour, egg, onion, salt and pepper and enough crumbs to make a stiff dough.
- Form into patties.
- Roll into remaining bread crumbs; brown in shortening.
This is definitely a unique way to use up kale from the garden. Be sure to squeeze the kale well to remove all the water. Thanks for sharing!
I should have drained the kale much more after boiling it, and maybe even patted it dry because our patties were very loose. But they tasted good, and even my kale-disliking family ate them. It probably helped that I added a homemade cheese sauce.