Recipe by food_maker
Very aromatic sour soup. Good for winter time. Contains vitamin C (sauerkraut). Bon apetit!
- 400 g sauerkraut
- 300 g pork back ribs
- 200 g Polish sausage (2 pieces)
- 240 g carrots (2 pieces)
- 100 g parsley (1 piece)
- 150 g celery (1/4 of big one)
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 4 bay leaves
- 5 pimientos
- 10 black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground caraway
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Cut back ribs into smaller pieces and put them into a pot with 2l cold water and start to cook.
- 2. After 20 minute add bay liefs, pimento, pepper and grated celery and parsley. Cook 10 minute.
- Cut carrot and potatoes into small cubes and cook in a separate pot with water for 20 minute Add salt in there.
- 3. Add sauerkraut and caraway into the pot with back ribs. Cook for 20 minute.
- Cut sausage and onion into cubes and fry on a pan for 15 minute.
- 5. Blanch tomatoe for a moment in a hot water, take off the peel and chop the toamtoe. Add to the soup.
- 6. When sausage + onion and carrot + potatoes are done, add them to the main pot. Mix all together and salt to taste.