Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy Every Day Low Carb. This would freeze well. OAMC? I would use brown, not red lentils.
Make and share this Kale Lentil and Chicken Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup coarsely chopped carrot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 cups coarsely chopped kale
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken (cubed) or 1 1⁄2 cups turkey (cubed)
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red lentil, rinsed and drained
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium low heat. Add onion, carrots and garlic.
- Cook, covered, for 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables are nearly tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken broth and basil to vegetables. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Stir in kale, salt and pepper. Return to boiling. Simmer, covered for another 10 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, tomatoes and lentils. Simmer, covered for 5-10 minutes or more until kale and lentils are tender.