Recipe by Dominick & Amanda
From Vegetarian Times- January/February 2011.
Top Review by Mrs Goodall
I'm not a vegetarian and I love this recipe. It's quick, the right size, healthy and yet very satisfying. I originally made it from the magazine and found it posted here! I love that it's in an 8x8 pan. Just the right size for 2 -4 and quick and easy to make. I have other lasagna recipes I make that take hours and are wonderful, but this is my go to recipe when I just want to make a good dinner without it taking all day. Thanks for posting, but sorry I didn't do it first!!!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (plus more for oiling pan)
- 8 ounces kale, stems removed
- 1 (15 ounce) package fat-free ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained (or 6 no-cook noodles)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat 8-inch square baking pan with oil.
- Cook kale in large pot of boiling salted water for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool enough to handle. Thoroughly wring out kale, then chop. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Set aside.
- Mash together ricotta and goat cheese in bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoons oil in smail saucepan over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook 15 seconds, or until fragrant. Add tomato puree and red pepper flakes; simmer 5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Spread 1/4 cup sauce in prepared baking pan. Place 2 lasagna noodles on top of sauce. Top with half cheese mixture, half of kale, and 1/3 cup sauce. Top with two more noodles, remaining cheese, and remaining kale. Top with remaining lasagna noodles and cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake for 40 minutes (or until cheese has melted and lasagna is bubbly.