Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Rachael Ray is one of my favorite food network cook hosts and this is one of her recipes! DELICIOUS! I made it once for a BBQ party I went to and it was gone so fast. Unbelievable. Almost all the ladies there wanted this recipe. I also cooked this for a family, their kids gobbled it up as if it was pizza! It's a great way to use Kale in an absolutely tasty way since kale is very good for you.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs kale (de-ribbed & chopped)
- black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb pancetta (chopped into 1/2 inches)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 garlic cloves (mashed and chopped)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg (grated)
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup pecorino romano cheese (grated) or 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese (grated)
- Cook the kale in a deep pot of boiling water induced with salt for about 6 minutes, drain the kale and dry them.
- Preheat your broiler with the rack 2nd shelf down.
- Heat a skillet over med-high heat and cook the pancetta in olive oil until crisp. Add cream, garlic, nutmeg, salt n' pepper and simmer for about 7-8 minutes until the sauce is reduced to about 1/2 to 2/3ish cup.
- Toss in the greens into the sauce and make sure its coated evenly.
- In a small bowl toss the breadcrumbs and olive oil, combine it with the cheese and take that and sprinkle it all over top the greens.
- Broil for 5 minutes. Ta Da!
So good! I dare anyone to say they don't like kale, after tasting this recipe!
My first time eating kale and I love it! I made this the first time, without substitutions, and again with lower calorie substitutions. Both times, it was really tasty. My lo-cal substitutions were: smoked turkey instead of pancetta and 2% milk instead of heavy cream (use a bit more milk and reduce it more).
This was great!