Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tasty and good for you. Try this for your next brunch!
- 8 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch kale, stems and center ribs cut away (or red chard)
- 2 ounces pepperoni, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (or thinly sliced Italian spicy sausage)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat broiler.
- Whisk all the eggs, 1½ tablespoons cheese, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in large bowl.
- Heat olive oil in medium nonstick broiler-proof skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until tender but not brown, about 6 minutes.
- Add Kale/ Red chard in 3 batches; toss until each begins to wilt before adding next. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sauté until any liquid in skillet evaporates. Increase heat to medium-high; add salami and garlic to skillet and stir 1 minute. Add eggs to skillet; stir to distribute evenly. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until eggs are almost set but still moist in center, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle remaining 1½ tablespoons cheese over top.
- Transfer frittata to broiler and cook just until set in center and beginning to brown, about 1 minute.
- Using flexible spatula, loosen frittata around edges. Slide frittata out onto platter. Serve warm or at room temperature.