Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great way to get anyone to eat Kale! Addictive and unusual, and just.... really good! I saw this tip in a womens magazine, and the description as "addictive" persuaded me to try it. Kale be addictive? COME ON! We made a batch and when it was gone in 10 minutes, I knew it was a hit. Just try it!
- wash and dry Kale and rip into 2" pieces, discarding ribs.
- place kale pieces in a bowl and toss with the olive (or vegetable) oil.
- place a cookie cooling rack on top of a cookie sheet, and lay 1 layer of the oiled kale on the cooling rack.
- salt lightly with sea salt.
- place in 225 degree oven for 20-25 min or until crisp yet bright green.
- remove from oven , cool a minute or 2, and crunch away!
I also made this from a magazine and fell in love with it! Wow - what a great surprise it was. Great to see it here . . .
These are INCREDIBLY addictive. My family went to town on them. The only downside to these is the "kale breath" and burpiness that follows, but we all agree that it's VERY worth it! Delicious!