1 hr 10 mins
Kale provides a striking contrast to the smooth consistency of this hearty and satisfying chowder. [This recipe is not one of my creations.]
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, minced
- 5 cups vegetable stock or 5 cups cold water
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels or 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 3 cups chopped kale leaves, heavy stems removed and washed
- sea salt
- fresh ground white pepper
- cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup cashew pieces
- 1Heat the canola oil over medium-high heat in a large pot.
- 2For three minutes saute the sweet potato, red pepper, celery, onion, and carrots.
- 3Thoroughly combine the thyme and tumeric with the vegetables.
- 4Add the vegetable stock (or cold water) and tomato and simmer for five minutes.
- 5Add desired amount of cayenne pepper.
- 6In a blender or food processor, blend 3/4 cup of broth from the large pot with the cashews and cornstarch.
- 7When smooth, pour the contents of the blender into the soup and continue simmering for three minutes, stirring often.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kale, Corn, and Sweet Potato Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.2
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 56.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: