This is a delicious vegan soup for fall and winter--hearty yet healthy. The 8 cloves of garlic make it extra yummy :) I've added beet greens as well--and the more greens the better, IMO. Make sure you really wilt and reduce the greens so that they melt in your mouth... So delicious! Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced rather thinly
- 1 head kale, rinsed, spun and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth (reserve 1 cup)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans, undrained (reserve about a cup of the beans and liquid)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion and carrots, and saute until the onion is translucent and the carrots are getting soft.
- 2Add the washed and chopped kale and saute for 10-15 minutes, until the kale is reduced and nice and soft.
- 3Add 3 cups of the vegetable broth, the beans (reserving as stated above), the tomatoes, and the seasonings.
- 4Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5While simmering, use a stick blender or regular blender to combine the reserved beans and broth.
- 6Add the bean and broth mixture and simmer 5 more minutes.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kale and White Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.0
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 29.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 12.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: