Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I always wanted to find a great way to prepare kale and found a great salad in the deli of a local grocery store. At first this was an attempt to re-create this salad but has since morphed into a lovely but very different dish. I hate overly cooked greens - the texture grosses me out, but with the kale it stays nice and crisp. You can serve it hot as an entree or side dish, but it also saves nicely in the refridgerator as a cool salad for lunch the next day.
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 large red bell peppers or 1 large orange bell peppers or 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 turkey kielbasa, fully cooked
- Stem the kale and chop into smaller pieces.
- Slice the onion and chop up the bell pepper and carrots. Cut the turkey keilbasa sausage into 1/4 inch rounds.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, or a large fry pan with high sides.
- Add the garlic to the pan and let saute for about 30 seconds.
- Add the onion, carrots, and bell pepper and cook until the onion becomes somewhat translucent and the other vegetables tender, about 5-7 minutes. Stir frequently so nothing burns.
- Add the turkey keilbasa sausage and saute a minute more.
- Add the kale and gently toss so that the other cooked vegetables become incorporated. Cook about 2-3 more minutes, just until the kale starts to become tender and slightly wilted.
- Warning. Don't cook the kale too long or it will become tough and chewy. YUCK!
- Sprinkle it with salt and pepper to taste.
- You may need more olive oil, and you can add more or less of any ingredient you like.
I made this with a spicy chicken sausage & I didn't have any peppers. It turned out pretty good. I'm not usually a fan of greens, at all, but I liked it.
Delicious, I added a tiny bit of sea salt to the recipe. I did not have turkey sausage on hand, so I use deer sausage and it was still delicious. I will use turkey kielbasa the next time. Thanks
Very good, and filling as well:) I added one plum tomato tot he recipe, and used seaoned salt, and it was delicious. Thanks for sharing!