- 4 medium potatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs kale, fresh
- 1⁄2 lb garlic sausage, cooked and sliced (the smoked kind)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and chop potatoes.
- Combine with vegetable oil and water.
- Cook for 20 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove potatoes and reserve liquid.
- Mash potatoes through a sieve and return to potato liquid.
- Add salt and pepper and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Wash kale discarding all tough leaves and cut into shreds.
- Add to potatoes and cook for 25 minutes.
- Add sausage.
- Simmer gently for 5 minutes.