Recipe by Nado2003
This is a Stemilt recipe. Stemilt grow and market the Pinata apple in the US. This Pinata is a crisp and juicy apple with a tropical flavor.
- 946.36 ml kale (curly leave with center ribs removed and discarded, sliced into ribbons)
- 1 apple (core removed, diced into approximate 1/2-inch cubes, or approximately 2 cups diced Stemilt Pinata Ap)
- 59.14 ml pomegranate seeds (fresh)
- 59.14 ml hazelnuts (chopped roasted)
For the Orange-Coconut Yogurt dressing
- 29.58 ml plain Greek yogurt
- 4.92 ml coconut milk, light
- 14.79 ml apple cider vinegar
- 14.79 ml honey
- 1.62 ml fresh orange zest
- 14.79 ml oil, olive extra-virgin
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, coconut milk, apple cider vinegar, honey and orange zest. Slowly whisk olive oil into mixture, until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Place ribbons of kale in a large bowl and add dressing. Using clean fingers, carefully “massage” dressing into greens for 30 seconds to one minute. This will “tame” the greens (soften them) a bit and work flavor of dressing throughout. Add diced apple, pomegranate seeds and nuts to bowl and lightly toss. Serve with additional slices of Piñata apple alongside, and/or top with additional chopped hazelnuts, if preferred.