Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Recipe Source.
Make and share this Kale and Parsnips recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup onion, halved & sliced
- 1 cup parsnip, halved & sliced
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1 quart kale, veins removed & cut into bite-sized pieces
- Saute the onions and parsnips in oil for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Add the water and ginger. Cover and simer for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the kale and continue cooking 4 to 5 minutes longer. Stir occasionally but keep the saucepan covered otherwise. Serve hot.
Very good! You could use spinach or other leafy greens if you don't have kale. And if you don't have parsnips, you could use carrots.