Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I love savory pancakes and this is a good recipe for using your abundant kale crop. From the Seattle Times. Use one of the less coarse varieties of kale, such as dinosaur. Make sure to wash the leek after you chop it to get all the dirt out. Save the unused part of the leek and kale for stock.
- Mix kale, leeks, eggs, water, salt, pepper and cheese.
- Heat the peanut oil to medium in a frying pan.
- Pour 1/2 the mix into the pan and cook for 2 minutes until brown.
- Flip and cook for 2 minutes on the other side.
- Remove from pan and place on paper towel to drain excess grease.
- Repeat with other half of the batter.
- Mix sour cream, yogurt, tumeric and salt together.
- Drop a dollop of sauce on each pancake and serve while hot.