1/1 Photo of Kale and Cannellini Beans
Very simple & healthy!! Serve this over your choice of pasta or mashed potatoes for a lovely dinner. You can use any type of kale but Lacinato is what was called for here. Also if you don't have the leek sub onion or shallots...who cares :) I use home cooked beans but canned is listed for convienence.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If you are serving over pasta cook according to package but reserve 2 cups of the pasta water.
- 2Saute garlic and leeks in olive oil over medium heat. Add red pepper flakes and salt. Be careful not to brown the garlic; it will be bitter if you do.
- 3Add kale and the drained and rinsed beans. Add reserved pasta water a bit at a time, just enough to have enough liquid for the kale to wilt and become tender. Be sure to taste the kale and bean mixture. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- 4Add drained cooked pasta directly to the bean and kale mixture. Add additional pasta water if the mixture is dry, and add more olive oil if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kale and Cannellini Beans
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.1
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 922.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 7.5 g