Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A hearty vegetarian soup perfect for a rainy day and packed full of nutrition. I made it up and got such great feedback, I did my best to write it down so I can remake it. However, ingredients are an approximation, so don't be afraid to use your own judgment!
- 3⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups oyster mushrooms
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 8 large kale leaves, roughly shredded
- 1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 8 ounces cooked macaroni (optional)
- Saute onions.
- Add chopped mushrooms and kale.
- When cooked add the diced tomatoes (keep in large chunks.).
- Add one drained can of beans and fill the can with water twice, adding to the pot.
- When brought to a simmering boil, add spices (bullion, tomato paste, soy sauce, oregano and red pepper.).
- Taste and add more spice as needed. Some prefer adding salt at this point, but I don't.
- Right before serving add macaroni so it doesn't soak up too much of the water.
- Serve with shaved Parmesan on top.