Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Mid July and pestomania is in the air. I've been working on a variety of pestos night and day for the last week. Today's version is Kale Almond Pesto. http://www.elanaspantry.com/kale-almond-pesto/
- 1. Place kale in food processor and pulse until chopped.
- 2. Add almonds and garlic, pulse again to incorporate.
- 3. Pulse in salt, lemon juice, oil and pepper flakes.
- 4. Continue pulsing until pesto reaches desired consistency (I like mine fairly smooth).
- 5. Serve over Sesame Crackers.
Yum! We ate this over pasta, with quarters of grape tomatoes. I also added some parmesan and lemon basil for extra flavor. I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 because I think that 1 TB of olive oil is not enough, at least not if you want something resembling a traditional pesto.
Delicious! Thanks for a unique pesto recipe!