Top Review by Gerry
Tastes GREAT and looks great plated! Made this back in early winter - looking to make it this week had me note I hadn't reviewed. Used a thinly sliced beef cutlet which came out wonderfully tender. We have found we really enjoy curry - added genereous teaspoon and went with the coconut milk, another ingredient that has found favor with us. Combined with the rest of the ingredients and brandy this made for one terrific sauce. Served with a green salad and freshly baked bread. Ohhh that sauce is so good! Thank you for sharing.
- 1 lb veal cutlet, Sliced Thin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, minced (finely minced, lightly salted and drained)
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk (substitute coconut milk)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 lemon, Juiced
- 10 parsley sprigs, Chopped
- 2 tablespoons cognac or 2 tablespoons brandy
Directions See How It's Made
- Season veal with salt, pepper and 1/2 t curry powder.
- Heat oil; brown veal slices on both sides.
- Remove meat and reserve.
- Add onions; saute until softened.
- Add tomato paste and a little water.
- Cook until bubbly.
- Add lemon juice, rest of curry powder, and the coconut milk
- Add the cognac or brandy
- Return the veal to the sauce and warm through.
- Serve on preheated platter and sprinkle with parsley.