1 hr 5 mins
Veal and egg rolls from the Obertoggenburg Valley in Switzerland. These are intended to be a 1st course.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wrap each egg in a slice of veal, season and tie firmly with kitchen or butcher's string.
- 2Melt the fat in a pan and brown the veal rolls on all sides.
- 3Add the onion and brown slightly.
- 4Add sufficient water or stock to cover the rolls.
- 5Add the carrot and bay leaf and simmer gently for 35-40 minutes until the veal is cooked.
- 6Transfer the rolls to a hot serving dish and remove the string.
- 7Strain the sauce into a pan and blend a little flour with some of the liquid.
- 8Return the flour mixture to the sauce, bring to the boil and pour over the veal rolls.
- 9Serve with noodles.
Nutritional Facts for Kalbsschnitzel Nach Josca
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.2
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 85.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: