Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This wonderful recipe is from a magazine article. The recipe is a dish served at the St Stephens Restaurant, Haas Haus, Vienna, Austria.
- 2 large onions
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 lbs veal shoulder, cubed
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 0.5 (6 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- Peel and chop onions and roast in the oven at 300F until drown and dried slightly (15 minutes).
- Put into saucepan with paprika, meat and water. Add salt, garlic and tomato puree and stew about 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Mix flour into sour cream. Add to original mixture and cook to just under boil (3-5 min). Serve.