Korean Barbecue Short Ribs. Otherwise known as ‘galbi’, ‘kelbi’ and even ‘kalby’. I used only honey skipping the white sugar that is normally used. But you can add white sugar (in addition to the honey) if you are not watching the 1/4 cup sugar intake.
- Combine all sauce ingredients. Dip each piece of meat in the sauce.
- and layer in a flat dish or pan. Pour more marinade on top. Marinate.
- 4-12 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove short ribs from marinade pat dry and discard marinade.
- Grill short ribs until slightly charred and tender and cooked to desired degree of doneness.
- Garnish with the sesame seeds and additional scallions if desired.