1/1 Photo of Kalbi BBQ Ribs Hawaiian Style
This is one of our favorite things to BBQ, everyone here loves sweet meat. I have experimented for years, and this is the best, lots of input from friends, and it started from Korean recipes. In Hawaii, we have alot of mixed up ethnic foods. This is almost always served with steamed white rice and some potato-mac salad and some salted cabbage.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs thin cut tender short rib of beef, cross cut, about 1/2 inch thick (can substitute chuck steak)
- 2 cups soy sauce (I use 1/2 aloha brand and 1/2 yamasa brand.)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 garlic cloves (pressed or chopped fine)
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- sliced green onion (optional)
- sesame seeds, toasted until they pop and turn light brown (optional)
- 1 little red pepper paste (optional) or 1 red chile (optional)
- 1Place ribs in a glass dish or a Tupperware marinator.
- 2Mix all ingredients except for the optional ones in a pan and warm until the sugar melts, then cool.
- 3Pour marinade over ribs, add optional ingredients if you like, and place in the refrigerator 4 hours or overnight, mixing up occasionally to make sure all ribs are covered with sauce.
- 4Grill or broil until sizzling, being careful not to burn because of the sugar.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kalbi BBQ Ribs Hawaiian Style
Serving Size: 1 (467 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2150.2
- Calories from Fat 1488
- Total Fat 165.3 g
- Saturated Fat 71.6 g
- Cholesterol 344.7 mg
- Sodium 6657.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 81.9 g
- Protein 77.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: