Recipe by Vicki in CT
Gooey goodness. Kids always love this. Can reduce fat by using fat free sour cream and cheese.
Top Review by diner524
My son just loves this casserole and your recipe worked out perfectly!!! I did do it a little differently in that I sauteed the onion in 2 Tablespoons butter before adding to the potato mixture. I then melted two more tablespoons butter to add to the cornflakes. So I only used 1/4 cup butter and that worked out great. I served this with my Recipe #352248 and corn on the cob. My DS and I thank you for sharing your recipe. Made for Photo Tag.
- 2 lbs hash browns, frozen, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted (I don't use this much)
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed