Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a delight for the senses! Delicious served with warm bread. From the Moosewood Restaurant New Classics cookbook.
- 2 head garlic
- 36.97 ml olive oil
- 473.18 ml kalamata olives, pitted
- 118.29 ml marsala wine
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh rosemary or 7.39 ml dried rosemary
- 4.92 ml cracked peppercorn
- French bread or Italian bread
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Separate the unpeeled garlic cloves.
- Place in a small heat-proof dish and brush with 1/2 tbls.
- olive oil.
- Cover and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the skins from the baked cloves of garlic.
- Add the olives, remaining olive oil, marsala, rosemary, and peppercorns.
- Cover and bake for about 15 minutes, until the garlic is soft.
- About 5 minutes before the olives are ready, wrap the bread in aluminum foil and heat it in the oven.
- Serve the olives with the warm bread.
Kalamata olives and roasted garlic - double yum! Made this as a part of our our football Sunday get together and it was a real hit. Thanks for another great recipe, Sharon.
Easy and elegant, this would make a perfect first course for any Italian meal, especially when entertaining. The garlic was wonderfully tender, and the last part of the baking blended the flavors together very well. Thanks for posting!