Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
This sounds like a nice healthy weeknight meal. Found this in a bridgeclub cookbook.
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, chilled and divided
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 16 -18 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- In a small bowl, combine oregano, cayenne, and 1/2 tsp pepper and rub into both sides of chichen breasts.
- Cover and let stand 30 minute
- In a large, heavy skilet, heat olive oil and 1 1/2 Tbs of the butter over med heat.
- Add chicken and cook until golden, about 5 min per side.
- Transfer to platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- In a med skillet, melt 2 Tbsp of the butter over med heat. Add onions and cook 5 minute.
- Add garlic and tomatoes and cook 2 minute
- Add chicken broth and olives and cook 5 min, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in remaining 3 Tbsp butter, 1 Tbsp at a time.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.