1 hr 10 mins
This sounds like a nice healthy weeknight meal. Found this in a bridgeclub cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 1/2 tablespoons butter, chilled and divided
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 cups tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 16 -18 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1In a small bowl, combine oregano, cayenne, and 1/2 tsp pepper and rub into both sides of chichen breasts.
- 2Cover and let stand 30 minute
- 3In a large, heavy skilet, heat olive oil and 1 1/2 Tbs of the butter over med heat.
- 4Add chicken and cook until golden, about 5 min per side.
- 5Transfer to platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- 6In a med skillet, melt 2 Tbsp of the butter over med heat. Add onions and cook 5 minute.
- 7Add garlic and tomatoes and cook 2 minute
- 8Add chicken broth and olives and cook 5 min, stirring occasionally.
- 9Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in remaining 3 Tbsp butter, 1 Tbsp at a time.
- 10Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kalamata Olive Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.6
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 101.5 mg
- Sodium 333.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 28.4 g