Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My loaf pan is 9X5 and the recipe asks for 8x4, so instead I baked this in two mini-loaf pans. This is very moist and flavorful bread! From Cooking Light - January 2009.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine buttermilk, butter, and egg whites, stirring with a whisk.
- Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Fold in onion, olives, and oregano.
- Spread batter into an 8 x 4–inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.