Recipe by Annacia
This is a very good Mediterranean style chicken dish that I love (lemon lover here). You just brown the chicken for a few mins and add the rest of the ingredients and place it in the oven while you go about making a salad (or whatever).
Top Review by AlaskaPam
This was very good, and I am sure I will make it again. I used bone in thighs and I think that was a good choice, they were falling off the bone tender. I loved the tangy flavor that the olives and lemons provided, but next time, I will include even more. The lemon wedges were a little bitter, so next time I will remove them before serving, but I would like even more lemon flavor. Maybe adding more lemon juice would do it. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT9
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup dried orzo pasta
- 1⁄2 cup drained pitted kalamata olive
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 lemon (cut into wedges or chunks)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon all purpose Greek seasoning
- hot chicken broth (optional)
- snipped fresh oregano (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven brown chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, turning once.
- Stir in orzo, olives, the can of broth, lemon wedges, lemon juice, Greek Seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- Cover and bake for 35 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Serve in shallow bowls with additional broth, if desired. Top with snipped oregano.