Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Baking fish is one of my favorite ways of preparing it - simple, with moist and tasty results. An outstanding recipe, cod, halibut, and red snapper work well in it (I especially like it with cod). While I prefer fresh fish, I have used previously frozen fish with great results. This is a perfect dish for Christmas Eve or any other occasion, including in-a-hurry week nights.
- 2 lbs cod fish fillets or 2 lbs halibut fillets or 2 lbs red snapper fillets
- 4 medium fresh tomatoes, chopped (or 4 cups halved cherry tomatoes)
- 1 cup chopped kalamata olive
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (remember that the olives are salty)
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Rinse and pat dry the fish fillets, and lightly salt and pepper them.
- Place filets on a foil-lined, rimmed baking dish (I have used both a 9x13 glass baking dish and a 10x15 rimmed baking sheet with equally good results).
- Mix together the remaining ingredients, topping fish fillets with all of the mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on thickness of fish.
- This is wonderful served with "smashed" red potatoes or a good crusty bread to sop up the yummy juices, and a green salad with balsamic vinegar dressing.