Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Type of Meal : Teatime, Party, Festive, Dinner, Brunch. Type of Dish: Microwave, Indian sweets, Desserts
- 2 cups powdered milk
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- cashew nuts (for the decoration)
- almonds (for the decoration)
- saffron (for the decoration)
- Place milk powder, sugar, and ricotta cheese in microwave-able bowl and mix well.
- Add butter and mix thoroughly, the mixture should be smooth with very thick consistency.
- Microwave it for 5 minutes (in 700 watts microwave).
- Stir it, again microwave it for 4 minutes.
- Repeat step 4 until it becomes golden brown in color.
- Mix 2-3 threads of saffron.
- Allow it to cool, garnish it with cardamom powder, cashew nuts, and almonds.
- Serve warm or cool (depending upon the taste).
I chose this recipe for Adopt-a-Chef and am wavering between three and four stars... My only reason for three is that it is a touch too sweet for me, but it had a great flavor and I very much enjoyed it. Next time I make it I am going to cut the sugar and play with it to see how much sugar I can remove but still have the correct texture - I am definitely making it again.