Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 4 hrs
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Secrets of Hungarian Cooking Goldie has this cook book. This is very good. I haven't tried it so don't know actual cooking times.
- Make a sponge dough from the 1 cup warm milk, 2 teaspoons dry yeast, 1 cup flour and 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Work together with hands and let rise.
- Mix in other ingredients and work until dough separates from hands and board.
- Let dough rise again until double its size.
- Place in two greased pans; brush top with beaten egg.
- Place in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- After removing from oven, cover with damp towel and dry towel until cool. This will make a soft crust.
- Makes 2 pans.