Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
These are a local favorite in Hawaii. Use the flanken-style beef ribs for best results.
Make and share this Kal Bi Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs beef short ribs, cut flanken style
- 2 1⁄2 cups soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup garlic, grated (or pressed)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh ginger, grated
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- Combine all ingredients. Marinate for 2 hours.
- Grill or broil in oven until done.
- This recipe also works well with chicken.