Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I used to be one of those that added everything but the kitchen sink to my potato salad, (my dad's fault) but then my sister-in-law gave me this simple recipe and it has been a favorite ever since. It's that old "less is more" thing. Prep and cooking times are approximate, as I just watch my potatoes and use the stabbing with a fork method.
- 4 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 4 -5 green onions, sliced
- 5 -6 hard-boiled eggs, cooled and sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar, to taste
- Clean and boil potatoes, using as close to same size as possible. (You can also use White Rose potatoes.).
- While potatoes are warm, but cool enough to handle, peel and chop into good bite size pieces.
- Add sliced green onion and sliced hard boiled eggs.
- In separate bowl, mix mayo, cider vinegar and sour cream and pour into potato mixture, folding until well blended.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill 3 - 4 hours, or overnight if possible.
Yes, less is more for this potato salad. I used red potatoes, but otherwise made this as written. I insist on eggs and onions in my potato salad, so this was perfect for me, yet without any extra "stuff." Loved the creaminess from the sour cream. I'll use this recipe again. Thanx!