I used to be one of those that added everything but the kitchen sink to my potato salad, (my dad's fault) but then my sister-in-law gave me this simple recipe and it has been a favorite ever since. It's that old "less is more" thing. Prep and cooking times are approximate, as I just watch my potatoes and use the stabbing with a fork method.
- Clean and boil potatoes, using as close to same size as possible. (You can also use White Rose potatoes.).
- While potatoes are warm, but cool enough to handle, peel and chop into good bite size pieces.
- Add sliced green onion and sliced hard boiled eggs.
- In separate bowl, mix mayo, cider vinegar and sour cream and pour into potato mixture, folding until well blended.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill 3 - 4 hours, or overnight if possible.