Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have no idea of the correct spelling of this, just going by my husband's pronunciation of it. These are basically little puffed pancake balls. Serve with syrup, cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar. Very easy and filling!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk (See note)
- oil (for frying)
- Heat oil in a frying pan (A fry daddy can be used).
- Mix first 5 ingredients together.
- Add milk to mixture NOTE: The amount of milk is just an approximation.
- You want enough milk to make a batter thick enough to hold a ball shape in the oil, but thin enough to be able to get off of the spoon.
- Drop by spoonfuls (I use a mixing spoonula) into hot oil.
- Cook turning until no longer doughy inside and nice and golden outside.
- Serve with either syrup, cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar.
This Was a Easy recipe to follow however I did add about a 1/2 cup of sugar and two teaspoons of cinnamon to add more flavor. would recommend this to those looking to fry dough in a manner where there isn't a lot of work or maybe short on time and need a quick treat.
I expected better. Cooking it was simple, but it was the taste. I found it tasted too much like flour. I would of added 1 full spoon of cinnamon. The balls didn't have any cinnamon flavor at all.