1/1 Photo of Kakes Gordos (Fried Dough Balls)
I have no idea of the correct spelling of this, just going by my husband's pronunciation of it. These are basically little puffed pancake balls. Serve with syrup, cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar. Very easy and filling!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a frying pan (A fry daddy can be used).
- 2Mix first 5 ingredients together.
- 3Add milk to mixture NOTE: The amount of milk is just an approximation.
- 4You want enough milk to make a batter thick enough to hold a ball shape in the oil, but thin enough to be able to get off of the spoon.
- 5Drop by spoonfuls (I use a mixing spoonula) into hot oil.
- 6Cook turning until no longer doughy inside and nice and golden outside.
- 7Serve with either syrup, cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kakes Gordos (Fried Dough Balls)
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.2
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 114.2 mg
- Sodium 829.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 11.6 g