1/1 Photo of Kakeladi's Original Wasc (White Almond Sour Cream) Cake
From Kakeladi herself...this is wonderful and I like it much better than the other WASC recipe. Thanks for sharing! White cake...can use any Betty Crocker cake mix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, mix 1st 3 ingredients. (see notes below) Set aside.
- 2Place remaining ingredients in mixer bowl then add the dry.
- 3Mix on low (I use a KA mixer) speed for 30 seconds, until dry ingredients are incorporated; mix at medium 2 minutes.
- 4This makes 1 & 1/2 times the usual batter than a 'straight' cake mix. It will fill one of the following pans: 8" sq; 12" round; 9x13x2; OR one 10" and 6" round.
- 5Pour into pan(s) and bake as you usually do. I prefere to bake at 300 degrees F. for 20 minutes, then turn oven up to 325 degrees F. for an equal time OR until you can smell cake If it has pulled away from the edges of the pan it is *over done*. You should have a flat cake that won't (usually) need leveling & is not sticky on the top when it cools.
- 6Special NOTES:.
- 7That's right -- there is NO oil, butter or margarine in this recipe.
- 8Use large eggs.
- 9If almond extract (not emulsion) is used, add 2 teaspoons or to taste.
- 10Can use ANY cake flavor.
- 11Flavorings can change depending on cake flavor you use. Try a combination of 1 part vanilla, 1/2 part butter flavoring and 1/4 part almond.
- 12It is important to mix the dry ingredients well especially if using a chocolate mix or you will have white spots in the finished cake. I use a wire wisk.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kakeladi's Original Wasc (White Almond Sour Cream) Cake
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.9
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 22.5 mg
- Sodium 127.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: