3 hrs 20 mins
Adapted from Breads of the World. Posted for ZWT6.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in water.
- 2Add sugar, malt extract and 2 cups flour.
- 3Blend well.
- 4Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour, or until doubled in bulk.
- 5Add milk, salt and remaining flour.
- 6Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- 7Place in a large buttered bowl, turning to coat.
- 8Cover with a towel and let rise for 1 hour, or until doubled in bulk.
- 9Punch dough down.
- 10Break off egg-sized pieces, and shape into buns.
- 11Take each bun and pull corners of dough upwards, twisting to form a topknot.
- 12Place on a greased baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal.
- 13Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 14Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 15Bake rolls until light brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- 16Cool on a rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kaisersemmeln (Emperor Rolls)
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.4
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 296.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 3.2 g