Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A fairly simple pancake recipe using a blender or food processor. Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005.
- 250 ml milk
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 25 g sugar
- 25 g butter (softened)
- 100 g plain flour
- 25 g raisins
- 2 tablespoons butter (extra)
- Put the milk, egg yolks, sugar and butter in a blender or food processor.
- While the machine is running add the flour. Continue blending for 30 seconds.
- Add the raisins.
- Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form and carefully fold the mixture into them.
- Melt the butter in small frying pan.
- Pour a quarter of the mixture into the frying pan, allow to brown and then flip to brown the other side. Keep warm while cooking the remaining pancakes.
- Sprinkle with caster sugar and serve with lightly whipped cream.
So yummy !! I made them with wholemeal flour and they vanished sooo fast - no one needed butter or syrup so healthy too. Next time I will double recipe !!!