Recipe by Member #610488
Supposedly the recipe for the Kaisergulyas made at the Restaurant Kerzenstubel in Vienna, Austria. Found typewritten in my Grandmother's recipe box. Easy to make and tasty too.
- 2 medium onions
- 1⁄4 lb bacon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 lb veal, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 slice lemon
- 4 capers, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon flour
- chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the onions and bacon. Fry together over high heat until golden brown.
- Stir in the paprika and add veal, stiring to coat all sides of veal cubes.
- Add salt, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add lemon slice and capers.
- Mix sour cream with flour and stir into the meat.
- Add sufficient stock to make a medium thick sauce.
- Simmer gently until meat is tender.
- Remove lemon slice and serve.