Recipe by Cynthia Q
Kairos is a ministry to those in prison, and part of the way they bless the inmates is by giving everyone homemade cookies. Those donating cookies are supposed to bring 12 dozen cookies that meet certain criteria...this recipe is a suggested one.
- 2 1⁄2 cups butter flavor shortening
- 2 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 6 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 1⁄4 cups chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Sift dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Drop onto cookie sheets by spoonfuls (cookies should end up being 2 to 2 1/2 inches in diameter -- about the size of a Pringles lid).
- Bake at 350 degrees until medium to dark brown (from 13 to 20 minutes).