Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this recipe years ago from a coworker. I'm assuming they used to serve this in the school cafeteria. Lucky students!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 lb powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, beat sugar, eggs and oil together. Add to dry ingredients, mixing just enough to blend well.
- Add grated carrots, crushed pineapple and nuts and mix well.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9"x13" pan and bake 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
- For Cream Cheese Frosting:.
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Cream butter into cream cheese, then add vanilla. Add powdered sugar; beat well until smooth.