Prep 2 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is a traditional green tea recipe from the south east region of Kashmiri. The tea has a mellow taste with a hint of pine/cardamom flavor. I like mine with a little honey.
- Put water, saffron and cardamom pods into a small sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered for about 2 minutes.
- Add the tea and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer gently for an additional 2 minutes.
- Strain the tea into small tea cups and serve warm.
Love this aromatic tea. I did`nt simmer just let it infuse in hot water for 5 minutes. Thanks
As soon as I took a sip I taught :soothing! I had the first cup hot with honey and the second one cold without any sweetener and I liked both. I couldn't taste much the saffron but that's OK coz the cardamon is what makes this recipe.thanks for sharing